Thursday, March 5, 2009

iPhone Journal 0xD


Once again, I exceeded my expectations. I finished all of the movement and jumping code, allowed for the "CINGO" move, added the ability to promote diamond pieces reaching the other side of the board, and even added a current player indicator and two counters that display the amount of pieces that each player has captured. I have allowed the iPhone to determine when a player has won, but this code does not yet take into account all possible ways to win, just the simplest.
Nevertheless, the game logic is essentially done and I now need to start working on a feature that I have used for only one application, and then did not fully understand: data persistence. I will also have to start implementing the three other views that the application will have when it is done: a new game panel for setting game preferences and beginning a new game, the change appearance panel that will allow the appearance of the pieces and board to be changed, and the information panel, which will display game instructions in a simple, readable format. I will most likely work on these in reverse order so that I will gradually become more comfortable with the code involved.
By the way, please do not judge my ability at CINGO from the video at the top of this post; it is intended to demonstrate all of the features I have currently implemented as quickly as possible, and not to demonstrate my strategic skill.

No comments:

Post a Comment